HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Should i Buy A Laptop Or a Netbook.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Should i Buy A Laptop Or a Netbook.   Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:37 pm

Since the dawn of your netbooks, consumers have been repeatedly asking the same question again and again. Should I choose a netbook over a laptop? We have tried to answer that commonly asked question to help you make an informed investing in decision.

Size and Weight

The screen size of the netbook is in the stove of 7-10 inches as well as keyboard is really cramped. In comparison, the normal laptop degrees from 12 to18 inches. The average weight on the netbook is around 3 lbs, while the weight of your laptop is over four pounds. Due to the moment size and low pounds, netbooks are very convenient to place around.

Storage

Surprisingly, with these little netbooks, you can store numerous movies, music and files as they have so much place to store data. Currently there are models that have storage capacity up to 160 GB. On this contrary, the newer model laptops have storage capacity from 320GB? 500 GB.

Processor

It has become a netbook standard to implement Intel Atom 1. 6Ghz. But they also come with THROUGH C7 1. 2GHz or AMD Geode 800MHz. Netbook is engineered for efficiency and low cost as it for 搉et-centric? computing. 揘et-centric? computing is simply just checking your emails, browsing the web, running web applications in addition to running small applications. Complex programs (like Photoshop etc) may slow down the netbook significantly. If you are looking for running complex programs, Laptops may be your better choice.

Graphics

Netbooks fall short while in the graphics arena. Laptops apply integrated or external image card from; ' Intel GMA x3100 so that you can AMD Mobility HD 3870X2, which is way better than netbook computers. Bottom-line, netbook may not satisfy your need for a gaming system.

Battery

The average battery life in a new laptop is 2-4 a long time. But in a standard netbook, it is 3-4 time. If you can have a battery upgrade of 6-cell energy, then the charge can stay up to a whopping 6-10 hours! Thanks to the Intel atom processor, which uses ultra small voltage.

DVD and webcam

This is a crucial point that may sway your selection. At this point of their time, there are no netbooks on the market that have CD and DVD drives. Also we noted that most of the netbooks seem to present an inbuilt webcam, which is a bonus.

Price

Netbooks are very affordable. The current average price for a brand new netbook ranges between 299 to 500 US dollars. Some even are bought within 300 US us dollars. But with laptops, the basic configuration can cost above 600 US dollars and up (as you add for more memory, speed and other features).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cq60.forumotion.com

Should i Buy A Laptop Or a Netbook.
Page 1 of 1