CQ60 battery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CQ60 battery

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Acer Aspire 3004wlci - A useful Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Acer Aspire 3004wlci - A useful Review. Empty
PostSubject: Acer Aspire 3004wlci - A useful Review.   Acer Aspire 3004wlci - A useful Review. EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:20 pm

I recently found myself in search of a new laptop. By having a tight budget and moderate needs, I knew it hasn't been going to be readily accessible a product that would do what I want and still be around my price range.

As a Network Technician and a Web Designer, I needed a machine that are going to have enough storage to help store all my software programs, projects for my prospects, and still be able to handle an occasional temporary main system backup from a consumer’s machine. The qualifying candidate also had to have a decent amount of RAM and also a reasonably fast processor to maintain up with the demands in multitasking and using Studio MX '04 everyday.

At first, I checked the auction sites, all the refurbished outlets, and all the wholesale warehouses. I found a few good deals for within $500, but nothing that are going to handle the processing fill that Studio MX 2004 would place on it. The average model had 256MB of PC133 MEMORY, a 20GB HDD, along with 1. 0GHz Pentium design. Not too shabby in a student machine, but for daily service in the fields I work with, not nearly enough space or power to maintain up with my demands.

I quickly realized that a new laptop would be needed to meet my needs. Realizing that most decent laptops will set you back over $1, 000, I wasn't expecting very much when I started the very best solution. However, to my amazement, a local retail chain had a special running on the Acer Aspire 3004WLCi for $600 looking for a $150 rebate. This was the top end of my spending budget, but the specs were far more than what I thought A totally free find in this price range.

Quick Specs:
AMD Wireless Sempron 3100+ (1. 8GHz) w/ 256K L2 cache
512MB DDR333 SODIM GOOD OLD RAM (expandable to 2GB)
60GB 4200rpm Harddrive
15. 4 Wide Show WXGA Monitor
CD-RW/DVD-ROM Appliance Drive
3 USB 2. 0 Ports (1 front / 2 side)
Facade Audio / Microphone jacks
Designed Microphone / Speakers
Designed Audio Controller
Integrated Video Controller (up to 128MB shared)
Designed 56Kbps Data/Fax Modem
Designed 802. 3 10/100 Ethernet NIC
Designed 802. 11b/g WiFi
Maximal screen resolution: 1280 back button 800
External monitor maximal resolution: 2048 x 1536
A type II PCMCIA Slots
AC Power Adapter and 4-cell lithium-ion battery
1. 5"Hx14. 3"Wx11"D and 6. 2lb. w/ Wide variety
Microsoft Windows XP Place SP2

OK, before I enter in the Pros and Cons from this system, let me first of all say this... As a fabulous Network technician, I'm a stranger to Acer products. I've seen them prior to when, but I've never put into use them. In an industry dominated by Dells as well as HPs, Acer seemed more on the "off-brand" to me. Having said that, I wasn't expecting very much for my money. Fortuitously, I was not disappointed, but neither was Document entirely wrong.

Also, it's always worthy to note that will before I used this machine, XP Home was trashed in favour of XP Professional SP2 and I went through the system and undertaken several minor software performance tweaks relating to the operating system; all of which can be performed using the native Windows xp Pro utilities.

Pros:
The Acer Aspire 3004 WLCi is mostly a reasonably powerful system pertaining to $600. Even at the original $750, this system is hard to beat in the performance department. The Sempron 3100+ processor is surprisingly fast not to mention capable. It handled maintaining Dreamweaver MX 2004, Fireworks MX 2004, 'microsoft' Word 2003, Microsoft OneNote 2003, Flock 1. 5, Internet Explorer 6. 0, Ie 8. 5, Resize Phone, CPick, Java JRE, NOD32 Anti-Virus, Hotmail Popper, plus several system services and minor utilities running in the background simultaneously and don't complain or produce whatever unacceptable sustained CPU wearing spikes. This is partly because the generous and fast 512MB of DDR333 RAM, but never the less, the processor surprised this approach long-time AMD user.

The 60GB hard disc drive provides an ample magnitude of storage for average users. It is on the cheaper end of my prerequisites, but sufficiently large enough to undertake all my installed software, over 12GB of service software you will service calls, all my client projects, and it still has enough space left over to easily accommodate a new 20GB client system reassurance.

In addition, this system has a fairly good Broadcom WiFi controller. Into my 3 story townhouse, which contains excellent insulation, this system can be installed anywhere in my home with a signal strength of "Very Good" to make sure you "Excellent".

The system is ergonomically laid out. I have rather large hands, and most modern laptops are entirely too small in my position to realistically use for any extended space of time. Usually, within 20 or around 30 minutes, my wrists and hands begin to ache from trying to keep your a very unnatural position to type the documents I'm creating. Not so with typically the Aspire 3000 series. These laptops enjoy a relatively large chassis with a keypad that is almost perfect for someone with large possession. I've actually found which can type nearly while fast (roughly 35wpm) on this laptop as I might on my desktop system that has an ergonomic split laptop (40wpm).

Cons:
If you want a Multimedia system, or once you plan to do any kind of graphics intensive gaming, keep looking; this system is not for you. Even with the widescreen WXGA display, this machine is not suitable for watching DVDs. The integrated video controller will be acceptable and the monitor requires a lot of "fiddling" with to find the "just right" status for viewing. Furthermore, the glare relating to the screen of this model is terrible. I've found that in most brightly lit rooms I'm spending for a longer time straining my eyes to work out past my own reflect. Also, the viewing incline is unimpressive. If you try to view the screen from anything beyond 15 degrees in all direction, you're either viewing a washed out or negative variation for the original. I've never been a massive fan of LCD. I've always felt that a professional CRT always looks much better, but this screen is more reminiscent of a LCD of a couple of years ago than an innovative new product.

The integrated audio and video controllers are really a definite sore spot as well. I've always preferred dominion controllers over integrated controllers, , in this price range, I knew A totally free be stuck with the so-so quality on the integrated controller. No amazement here. As usual, required to and performance is sub-par with these controllers, but for great needs, they do the job. However, if you look forward to listening to any audio playback on this machine, you had better pack a top notch set of headphones. The tiny speakers using this machine are terrible sounding. Again, no big amazement.

Now, about battery lifespan. I don't know who was using defining this aspect of this machine, but they apparent checkup from the neck up. Battery performance using this machine is absolutely undesirable. Unless you tune the system down significantly, it is very difficult to squeeze well over an hour of real usable time out of this system's battery life. The software creator states that it will certainly run for 1. 5 hours relating to the battery. I've never been able to become more than an hour out of the unit. In this day and age, this is not satisfactory. Fortunately, there are very few occasions when I want to use this system where I'm not all-around a power outlet.

My only other major complaint is the void of expandability of this technique. You get two SODIM memory card slots (filled with 256MBx2 sticks from factory), three USB some. 0 ports and a type II PCMCIA slot using this machine, and that's the software. No internal expansion effectiveness, no firewire, no serial or parallel connections, and you cannot swap out the combination drive easily. Given the price tag range of this system, I'm really not thrilled, but I am a bit disappointed. Fortunately, there are a good amount of USB adapters available that allow me to do whatever is needed.

Summary:
If you just apparent basic system for job or school related assignments the Acer Aspire 3004WLCi is mostly a solid performer that are designed for average use with easiness. I would definitely suggest this unit to youngsters or traveling professionals who need a low priced, user-friendly laptop, but who you should never plan on using the laptop on batteries regularly, or who do not intend on playing many games or maybe movies. For the price conscious consumers nowadays, this system is definitely worth money. In my humble opinion, you get more than genital herpes virus treatments pay for, but not likely by much.
Back to top Go down
https://cq60.forumotion.com

Acer Aspire 3004wlci - A useful Review.
Page 1 of 1